Here’s a link to that boring article I read
And here’s the same article translated
On September 4, the Chinese Embassy in the United States issued a “notice on the full implementation of nucleic acid testing measures for passengers traveling to China in the United States”, the following is the full text:
About full implementation in the United States.
Notification of nucleic acid testing measures for passengers traveling to China.
In order to ensure the health and safety of international travel and reduce the risk of cross-border transmission of the epidemic, according to the Civil Aviation Administration of China, the General Administration of Customs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs jointly issued “on flights to China with the new coronavirus nucleic acid test negative certificate boarding notice” and the latest requirements of the relevant departments, after comprehensive assessment, the U.S. Embassy and Consulate decided to fully implement the U.S. passenger nucleic acid testing measures in the United States from 0:00 BST on September 15. The specific requirements are heeded as follows:
First, the scope of implementation.
(1) Chinese and foreign passengers travelling to China on direct flights from the United States must complete the new coronavirus nucleic acid test within 3 days of boarding and board the aircraft with a green health code (for Chinese citizens) or a statement of health status (for foreign nationals) marked with a negative nucleic acid test. For example, if your non-flight to China departs on October 10, you should provide proof of negative nucleic acid testing dated October 7-10.
(2) Chinese and foreign passengers travelling to China on commercial flights from the United States through third countries or regions shall continue to be valid with the requirements of the green health code and declaration of health status of the “HS” logo of the tie on the basis of a negative nucleic acid test. For more information, please refer to the official website of the Embassy in the United States on August 7. Please note: From 0:00 EST on September 15, Chinese and foreign passengers transiting to China from the United States through a third country or region are required to provide a valid nucleic acid test negative certificate within 3 days of boarding the last flight to China. For example, if the last flight you are travelling on is departing on October 10, you should provide proof of negative nucleic acid testing dated October 7-10.
(3) From a third country, Chinese and foreign passengers travelling to China by direct transit from the United States shall board the aircraft on the basis of a green health code or a statement of the health status of foreigners with the “HS” logo reviewed by the Chinese embassy or consulate in that third country during the validity period, respectively. If you do not meet the boarding conditions to transit to the United States, you will face a very high risk of detention, or even be returned to the point of departure.
(4) From 0:00 EDT on September 15, the practice of Chinese passengers boarding with a 14-day health code (with aircraft logo) no longer applies to passengers travelling to China on direct flights from the United States and from the United States through third countries or regions. Arrangements that did not require foreign passengers travelling to China on direct flights from the United States to obtain a statement of health status no longer apply.
Second, the “HS” logo of the green health code, health declaration process.
(a) Chinese citizens are required to apply for a green health code with the “HS” logo of the tie. Chinese citizens shall, within 12 hours after obtaining the nucleic acid test negative certificate, declare their personal situation and upload the nucleic acid test negative certificate according to the territorial area where the testing institution is located (see the division and escrasitive notice of the consulate and consulate in the United States), through the international version of WeChat procedures for epidemic prevention and health code. In general, embassies and consulates in the United States can complete the review within 24 hours of the nucleic acid test certificate being uploaded. Part of the test proof needs to be verified with the testing institution, the review time is extended accordingly.
Upon review by the Embassy and Consulate in the United States, the person concerned will receive a green health code with the “HS” logo. Health code expiration date is automatically generated by the system, unified display as Beijing time, please note that during the health code expiration period, before boarding with the airline inspection, and carry with you nucleic acid test negative proof paper original. For more information, please click on the “Chinese Citizen Nucleic Acid Testing Certificate Declaration FAQ”.
(2) Foreign citizens are required to apply