These crunchy air fryer zucchini fries are the only way you’ll ever want to cook zucchini again made with a parmesan and panko breading!
The Best Air Fryer Zucchini Fries!
Garden overflowing with zucchini? We have the perfect zucchini recipe for you to make in your air fryer — air fryer zucchini fries!
These come out so crunchy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside (NEVER MUSHY!) and the best part is– they are so nutritious! They’re made with zucchini sticks and a yummy parmesan + panko breadcrumb topping.
Serve them next to air fryer chicken nuggets or a juicy turkey burger and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal.
Why you’ll love them!
Easy to Make
- Zucchini: we love how gardens explode with zucchinis in the summer. Pop outside and grab 2 big ones!
- Panko breadcrumbs: panko is what gives these zucchini fries extra crunch!
- Grated parmesan cheese: we love the addition of grated parmesan cheese. It adds salt and cheesiness.
- Everything bagel seasoning: talk about a flavor blast! You can make your own homemade everything bagel seasoning or buy it from the store.
- Egg: egg is what allows the panko and parmesan to stick to the raw zucchini.
- Olive oil: a drizzle of olive oil really crisps up your air fryer zucchini fries!
This perfectly cooked Air Fryer Zucchini is tossed in garlic and parmesan cheese and comes out so tasty!
How to Make Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer
- Prep zucchini: cut your zucchini into 3-inch spears that are 1/2-inch wide.
- Dip in egg wash: whisk the eggs to create an egg wash. Then, dip each spear into the egg wash.
- Dredge in panko: combine panko, parmesan, and seasonings in another bowl. Then, dredge each spear in the mixture.
- Repeat: repeat the egg wash and panko dredge to make sure all spears are generously covered.
- Air fry: air fry zucchini fries at 400ºF for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dip and eat: eat your air-fried zucchini fries with your favorite dipping sauce!
Uniform fries: make sure to cut your zucchini fries uniformly so that they’re all around the same size. This will make sure they cook at the same rate.
Double dredge: we recommend a double dredge. Dip the fries into the egg was and then dredge in the panko mixture and then do it one more time. This will make sure your zucchini fries are extra crunchy!
Cook until golden brown: air fry your zucchini fries for around 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Ours took 8 minutes and came out crunchy on the outside and inside (not overdone at all!).
Dipping Sauce Ideas
While we recommend eating these fries immediately, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat: reheat in the microwave on high for 60-90 seconds.
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large zucchini cut into spears (3-inches long and ½-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Add the parmesan cheese, panko, and everything bagel seasoning into a bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
Crack the 3 large eggs into a separate bowl and whisk.
Next, dip a zucchini spear into the egg wash until coated. Dredge the spear into the panko crumb mixture until fully coated.
Double dip the zucchini spear into the egg wash and then again into the panko mixture. Place the zucchini on a plate.
Repeat steps 3-5 until all the zucchini spears have been coated.
Place the first batch of zucchini into the air fryer, making sure none of them touch or are overcrowded. Drizzle them with olive oil and cook the zucchini for 6-8 minutes at 400ºF (8 minutes was our magic number, but all air fryers are different). Cook until golden brown.
Remove the zucchini from the air fryer and air fry the rest of the zucchini.
Eat with ranch, sriracha, or any of your favorite dips.
Tips & Notes
- If you don’t have everything bagel seasoning or want a simpler seasoning, you can use your favorite spice mix or simple 3 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- If you are grating your own parmesan cheese you may need to increase the panko. Fresh
- Parmesan has a little more moisture than already grated.
Calories: 290kcal Carbohydrates: 17g Protein: 15g Fat: 18g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.